Saturday, January 5, 2008

Food Review: TJ Haus

Had New Year's dinner @ TJ Haus.
Unfortunately, they had a set menu. Well, this should have set off alarms but I was in good company and optimistic considering the good reviews of this place.

So, onward with a Venison Consomme with Venison & Pistachio patties. The consomme was good, although a bit salty and the patties (3 small thumbsized ones) were flavorful. Overall, quite a good soup to whet the appetite.

I chose the Grilled Mahi Mahi (fish) main course. Served with risotto and tomato pesto. Verdict: BAD!

The fish was dry. No enough sauce either. The risotto was salty. They gave 2 cauliflower and 1 broccoli, pathetic. The tomato pesto spiced things up but again, too little of it.

Me mates had the roast lamb served with potato and brussel sprouts. One liked it, the other didn't. I can't comment much except it lacked any aroma. Probably because it had been sitting in an oven.

Damn disappointed so we canceled dessert.

Per pax came to about RM40.

Not a good first impression which is sad. I had high expectations for TJ Haus. I was looking forward to some good food from a gourmet kitchen. Instead I got bad, expensive crap. Imagine, a glass of wine cost RM12. I didn't have one but I bet it wasn't good.

Tonight, it seems TJ Haus was more about making the New Year buck. Complained to the chef, Jerry (he's the J in TJ) but he didn't seem to care. Probably had more suckers...

No comments: